Peter was a founding and main board director of CHE Hotel Group PLC for over 20 years and during this time was directly responsible for all aspects of the group including:
- All the group's assets and development including the conception, design and roll-out of CHE's new build premium budget brand “Sleep Inn”
- The operations of 80 managed, leased and owned hotels in the UK, Ireland, France and Germany
- The development and operation of a franchise business with 350 hotels across 14 European countries
- A founder Director, Chairman and – currently – a main board director of Choice Hotels Ireland, now one of Ireland's largest hotel groups with 10 large new-build 4 star hotels in Ireland and the UK
- The development and opening of more than 50 hotels in the UK, Ireland and Germany.
Before joining the CHE Group, Peter started his career in Switzerland and then joined the London division of Trust House Forte. He has also held senior management roles with Centre Hotels (now predominantly Holiday Inns), Comfort Hotels International and Ladbrokes Hotels (now Hilton).
Before founding Focus Hotels Management with Peter Cashman in June 2007, Alun spent 5 years as Operations Director with Choice Hotels Europe. He was responsible for over 40 owned, managed and franchised hotels in the UK within the CHE Hotel Group. Alun was directly involved in management contracting, the development of CHE’s new build premium budget brand “Sleep Inn”, as well as opening two new hotels in the City of London.
Prior to working for CHE, Alun was involved in the management buy-in of County Hotels, a group of 25 three and four star hotels spread across the UK. He became a Founder Director and Shareholder of this newly formed company which was subsequently sold to Corus and Regal Hotels. Within Corus, Alun was a Senior Operations Director responsible for over 100 hotels.
Earlier in his career, Alun held management positions with Inter-Continental Hotels, Grand Metropolitan Hotels, Marriott Hotels, and Crest in their 4 and 5 star London hotels, before joining Moat House to open four new 4 star hotels.
Steven has worked in the hotel industry for over 30 years, operating and managing hotels across the UK and his experience is also supported by a number of years as Business Director for Unite Plc, a FTSE 250 property company, before working as an independent consultant, project managing hotel developments and refurbishments.
- Over 10 years as Operations Director for CHE Group PLC with responsibility for a portfolio of 40 owned, managed and franchised hotels throughout the UK.
- Considerable experience in management contracts, acquisitions, disposals and development projects and has undertaken numerous consultancy assignments.
- Experienced in opening numerous hotels across the UK, from full service hotels to branded budget operations.
- Early career involved several management positions with Trust House Forte and Friendly Hotels PLC, rising to Area Manager for 13 properties.
An experienced hospitality expert, specialising in Sales, Revenue/Yield and Distribution Systems. Jacqui has had over 30 years industry experience and was previously Director of Reservation Services at Ramada Jarvis Hotels. Prior to that, Jacqui had worked with Ladbrokes (now Hilton) and Comfort Hotels International in various revenue and sales operational roles.
Jacqui, through her company Regoran Ltd, is contracted to Focus Hotels to provide these services to hotels managed by Focus. Jacqui offers a unique approach and solutions to business challenges, especially relating to sales and revenue performance. Usually this involves a full "Health Check" on sales, reservations systems and processes to identify and put in place "Quick Wins" and strategic plans for the longer term success of the business.
Chris has worked in the hotel industry for over 30 years, operating and managing hotels nationwide, additionally Chris has worked with St Johnstone Football Club as Senior Executive and at a later stage as the Chief Executive, before joining Focus Hotels Management.
• Over 1o years as a hotel General Manager and Regional Manager with CHE Group PLC with responsibility for a regional portfolio of 5 hotels owned, managed and franchised hotels throughout the UK
• Over 5 years’ experience as a Hotel General Manager with Ramada Jarvis, whilst having responsibility of the Scottish region’s sales development, payroll efficiencies and utilities management
• Chris has considerable experience in management contracts, acquisitions and development projects
• Extensive knowledge and experience operating hotels, multi-unit management, finance, development, IT, sales and marketing, purchasing and human resources.
Chris is currently developing a number of properties for Focus Hotels Management within Scotland and England, whilst managing various other projects for the business. Chris holds the HCIMA qualification, and due to his dedication and hard work he has won a number of awards including; hotel general manager of the year, hotel of the year and he was part of the first hotel in UK to gain the IIP award.
Stewart is a fully qualified Management Accountant and a Fellow of HOSPA (formerly the British Association of Hospitality Accountants) and has worked with a range of companies from individual hotel operators to large national and international chains operating in both the UK and Europe. He strives for process improvement and constantly seeks ways to strategically improve the business. With his combined experience of over 25 years in the hospitality finance sector, during this time he has applied his expertise at all levels of operations from day to day on site duties, to centrally managing the whole head office finance function.
Stewart has most recently been based in Head Office and Regional roles with the Principal Hayley Hotel Group and formerly for the De Vere Venues Group as part of their senior management team. Prior to this Stewart worked for Jurys and then Jurys Doyle Hotel Group, working on the team for the growth of the Jurys Inn’s brand, whilst also opening and refurbishing a number of four star hotels in both London and Bristol, as well as other areas of the UK. Stewart has a strong knowledge of both cash and accrual accounting systems, and has experience in all aspects of financial forecasting, resource allocation, fund management, accounting and control including business planning.